The RequirementsWe have two openings for Inside Sales Representatives. To be a strong fit for the more senior role you should have at least 4-5 years of successful industry experience in customer service or inside sales; experience in plumbing quotations and sales is preferred. To be considered for the junior role you should have at least 2 years of successful industry experience in customer service or inside sales.
To be a good fit for the Inside Sales / Customer Support Representative opportunity, you will also need:
- A high school diploma or the equivalent.
- The skill to close new customers and increase sales within established accounts.
- Knowledge of products sold at Cowan Supply including, faucets, Kohler fixtures, drains, sinks and other fixtures.
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel), and the ability to effectively communicate via email.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial/residential plumbing products; the ability to suggest appropriate related products for purchase.
- The ability to collect and analyze quotations data to determine patterns of success or failure and take appropriate action to adjust processes to ensure success.
- Wholesale trade experience is a strong advantage.
- Outstanding customer service and telephone/verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and a self-starter, detail-oriented nature.
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- The ability to thrive in a busy, and sometimes hectic, environment.
- A strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Basic math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The RoleAs Inside Sales / Customer Support Representative, you will interact with customers, primarily via the telephone, in order to build relationships, generate and close business, provide outstanding service, increase profits. Your primary client base will be mechanical and commercial plumbing installers working on projects such as restaurants, schools or other public facilities, industrial companies such as pulp and paper and other manufacturers, and chemical plants; but you may also get calls from residential and multi-family plumbing customers. In addition to receiving customer calls, you’ll also support orders called in from the Outside Sales team.
You’ll join a seasoned team including, the Inside Sales Manager, to whom you’ll report, and two other Inside Sales / Support Representatives. On a daily basis you’ll deliver strong customer service as you provide quotations, place orders, call customers with clarifications, source materials with vendors, interact with shipping and receiving and other internal stakeholders and more. Orders / quotations can range from easy to complex: you will need to understand project requirements to create competitive commercial plumbing quotations and submittal packages; coordinate and monitor production and delivery schedules for direct shipments and other job requirements; or enter an order for same day delivery for items in stock.
Specifically, you will:
- Process sales orders and bids generated through telephone sales transactions.
- Create accurate and professional quotations and submittal packages from customer specifications/drawings using the applicable software system (Eclipse).
- Follow-up on outstanding quotations to secure orders, improve quotation process and measure effectiveness.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure orders are filled promptly; assist with project management and coordinate deliverables.
- Support the Profit Center Sales team serving as a peer expert concerning the specifics of quotes, proposals, bid strategies and product application.
- Grow and retain the established customer base and develop new business using outbound telemarketing skills.
- Meet or exceed the Profit Center’s monthly required targets.
- Assist your customers who pick up orders at our Profit Center.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems; address pricing deductions and material returns in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Support Counter Sales and Outside Sales activities and all Profit Center activities as part of our Profit Center team.
- Communicate to the Profit Center Manager and Credit Manager any changes in a customer’s business that might cause a credit risk.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Why Cowan SupplyProfessional and career development -- professional development and advancement is part of our culture. You’ll find that a high percentage of our employees are long-tenured and have worked their way up through Cowan. If you’re hungry and want to continue growing your career, you’ll find opportunities for proven performers within Cowan and Hajoca!
Polish and expand your skill-set -- because of the breadth of this role, regardless of your background, there are bound to be new skills to learn. If you've not done a lot of sales, you'll learn how here; if you've never done complex quotations, you will; you'll gain industry knowledge and learn all of our products. In other words, the Inside Sales/ Customer Support role is a wonderful opportunity for professional growth and development.
Wide customer base / comprehensive offerings -- our customer base includes residential plumbers, commercial and industrial contractors, industrial end users and government projects. Some of the lines we carry include Kohler fixtures, Axor, Nibco valves, and Watermark. Our comprehensive supply offerings enable us to quickly and easily meet virtually any project requirement.
Strong customer partnerships -- we have partnered with our customers on many major projects throughout the area. Regardless of the complexity of project requirements and demands, Apex Supply Company is here to help.
The best of both worlds – you’ll enjoy the stability and resources of Hajoca, our privately held parent company, alongside the outstanding team environment and reputation of Cowan Supply.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary structure, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you’d expect such as insurance and PTO, and a few surprises, such as a retirement cash account plan, and potential profit sharing.
Keys to SuccessKey to your success in this role will be your ability to build trust and respect with your customers and peers. You should be a customer-centric professional who is self-motivated, dedicated to knowledge gain, and committed to your role as an individual contributor but also able to thrive in a team-driven environment.
Upon joining us, you’ll participate in online learning to gain product information and learn our systems, specifically Eclipse, our POS system. We believe the best way to learn is through doing, so you should be ready to roll-up-your-sleeves and dive right in. Additionally, as Cowan Inside Sales / Customer Support Representative, you’ll be expected to:
- Represent the Profit Center in a professional and ethical manner, and in accordance with Cowan policies and procedures.
- Be courteous and friendly, and build long-lasting, loyal customer relationships.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Leverage excellent verbal communication and sales abilities to influence and support your customers.
- Always provide outstanding customer service to support your customers and Outside Sales, with whom you'll partner.
- Manage multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
About CowanCowan Supply is a full-line residential/commercial plumbing distributor, serving the Atlanta area for more than 65 years. Cowan Supply is a division of Hajoca Corporation, a nationwide wholesale distributor of pipe, valves, fittings, plumbing, heating and industrial supplies.
Combining an extensive on-site warehouse with Hajoca's stocking locations throughout the United States, we can source almost any item you require with speed and efficiency. Our knowledgeable staff is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is available to assist you and your clients with complete project solutions.
Cowan Supply is proud to announce the opening of its new, 4,000 sq. ft. luxury showroom, to better provide its customers with a wide variety of products, from the industry's highest quality manufacturers. When we joined Hajoca Corporation, we elevated our game as we returned to our roots. Thanks to our customers, our legacy and our name, we continue to mean the pinnacle of service and we’re as ready as ever to soar.
Hajoca blends the clout of a large company with the opportunity of a small one. We understand that tastes and styles are different from place to place, so a "one size fits all" approach does not work. Our businesses have the freedom to operate like any local company and our managers conduct themselves with the focus and passion of business owners, right down to the products they carry and the people they hire.